Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- 2 LBS Yellow Potatoes
- 5 LBS Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3-4 Strips of cooked Turkey Bacon
- Thin cut 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 Chopped Jalapeno Deveined
- 12 oz Canned Whole Kernel Corn
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 12 oz Low fat 2% Condensed Milk
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch (this is what helps thicken the soup, if you need to add a little more, add more!)
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Shredded Cheese (Or any cheese you desire !!)
- 1 TBSP Cayenne
- Black pepper & Salt
- Chives for garnish
- Plain Greek yogurt for garnish
Directions: Get your crock pot all set up and ready to go.
In a medium skillet cook your turkey bacon. Once crispy turn off burner and set turkey bacon aside.
Chop your potatoes, onion, jalapeno, celery stalks and chicken, set aside. Cut your potatoes into small chunks about inch cubes. The smaller the chunk the quicker they will cook. Cut your chicken into cubes as well. Chop your celery into very thin slices.
After everything is chopped, add your potatoes, chicken, crumbled bacon, onion, jalapeno, corn, and chicken broth to crock pot. Let cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours. After ONE hour goes by add in your chopped celery.
During this time in a medium bowl add your condensed milk and cornstarch and mix well for no lumps. The last 30 minutes of your cooking time add in your condensed milk and cornstarch mix along with colby jack cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cover again and cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
Once done remove lid and smash half of your potatoes with a potato masher and serve with toppings and garnishes 😊 Enjoy