Baked Tortellini Casserole
I remember cooking this back in 2013, wow feels like a lifetime ago! I made this for my husband, Kenny, when we first met! I’ve kept the recipe hidden in my recipe book and finally decided to make it again, not sure why it took me so long. But anywaysss.. This is a comfort food, and a food every family member or house guest will LOVE! Cook up & enjoy
- 1 13×9 Casserole Dish
- 1 Large Deep Skillet
- 1 Lb Ground beef or Ground Turkey
- 20 Oz Tortellini (I use spinach and ricotta tortellini)
- 28 Oz Stewed Tomatoes Canned
- 8 Oz Tomato Sauce Canned
- 4-5 Galric Cloves Fresh, Smashed
- 1 Yellow Onion Small
- 5 Oz Baby Spinach (About 2 handfuls)
- 1 Zucchini Medium
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozerella
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Basil Dried
- Parmesan Garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Oil up or spray glass pan. Set aside.
- Add oil to large skillet on stove on medium heat. Chop yellow onion, and garlic cloves (take your whole cloves of garlic and smash them then chop chunky) ad dthem to your large skillet and sauté. About 3-5 mins after, add in your zucchini and let cook for 5 mins. Once aromatic add in beef or turkey and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Once beef/turkey is cooked through -drain any liquid/extra oil if too much is in the pot. You don’t want mixture to be super runny. Then stir in stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Stir in uncooked fresh tortellini, baby spinach and 1 ½ cup mozzarella. Continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer all to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top and dried basil. Cover tightly with foil and place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It should be bubbly when done. You can also broil for the last 3-5 mins for crispy top! Let cool. Add parmesan on top, serve & enjoy!